Since the start of my weight loss challenge half a year ago, I have tried numerous things to lose weight. I stopped eating unhealthy snacks, I started walking, drank more water and lowered my daily coke intake. This all had some effect (I already lost 6,8 kg so far), but it remains a bumpy road with a lot of obstacles.
Of course I’d like to remove as many obstacles as I can, so I keep on searching for improvements of my lifestyle. Lately I have been reconsidering my daily meals. I noticed I eat a lot of carbs, which are not your best friends when trying to lose weight. Time to tone it down a bit!
I used Pinterest to give me some inspiration and you know what? There’s a lot of tasty stuff out there, containing very few carbs! One of my favorite recipes was Morning Cupcakes. It looked tasty, easy to make and incredibly awesome at the same time! The original recipe contains avocado, which I’m definitely going to try sometime. However, I couldn’t find any ripe avocados right now, so I altered the recipe a bit. I chose to make my cupcakes Italian style. I thought they were awesome! That’s why I’d like to share my recipe with you!
Yolky Cupcakes Italian Style
Ingredients (for 6 cupcakes)
6 slices grilled ham
half a zucchini
1 big button mushroom
6 sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp grated cheese
dried Italian seasoning blend
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 200°C (400°F).
2. Grease a muffin tray with the olive oil. Press your sun-dried tomatoes in between two paper towels, to remove the excess of oil.
3. Cut your zucchini in 6 slices. Do the same with the mushroom. Cut your sun-dried tomatoes into thin slivers.
4. Put a zucchini slice on the middle of each ham slice. Place them into the holes of your muffin tray, ham at the bottom. The ham will now form a cup around the zucchini.
5. Put a slice of mushroom in each cup. Divide the sun-dried tomatoes over the cups.
6. Carefully crack an egg over each cup. Make sure the egg yolk doesn’t break.
7. Season your cupcakes with salt, pepper and Dried Italian seasoning. Divide the grated cheese over the muffins.
8. Bake your muffins in the oven for 25 minutes.
Enjoy! If you’ve tried these, please tell me what you thought of them. I’d love to hear!